Old September 16th 19, 11:13 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul[_28_]

Default MCP73VE PC no Boot

Norm X wrote:
Thanks Paul,

But an mATX will not work for me. I have PCI devices and a 400W power
supply. I have 8GB DDR2 RAM in two modules. An ATX MOBO with four DIMM slots
would support dual channel memory. Here's one for your comment:

ASUS P5QD TURBO LGA775 Socket ATX DDR2 P45 motherboard dual PCI Q9650
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-P5QD-T...-/303209371562

It is refurbished but it is cheap. Can you suggest anything related? Thanks.

The board in your Ebay entry is missing the Northbridge heatsink.
In this picture of the same board, you can see the heatsink
in the picture. It's not a 40mm heatsink either, and the retainers
are weird looking (probably not fun to find a replacement).

https://cdn.alzashop.com/ImgW.ashx?fd=f3&cd=AC810e9

*******

There's a similar one on this side of the Atlantic, but that's
probably not going to help you. This is a P43 based board.
Actually, it's pretty hard to tell exactly where this
seller is located, as the delivery date is all wrong for
a seller here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Asus-P5QL-P...AOSwl8ZdZcT u

I tried ebay.de and the pickings were pretty slim. Lots
of BTX boards nobody is going to be able to use and so on.

Paul