Old April 15th 09, 07:10 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Star@*.*

Default OT/If I Have XP SP2...Is there any "real" need to install SP3?

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 06:48:39 -0500, RnR wrote:

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 03:36:51 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Thanks for any comments.

Good question !! Be interesting what others have to say.

I answered it this way to myself... since all my 3rd party software
works good, why take a chance messing around with SP3. I don't
recall reading anything bad about SP3 nor anything revelating neither
so I figured I'd leave well enough alone with my system. But later I
might try windows 7 if I'm up for the challenge, that being in case my
3rd party software is picky.

I use a fair amount of third party software and freeware and have only
found that my diskdefrag program Diskkeeper doesn't work correctly
with SP3. It is strange that if I have a SP2 system and install SP3 I
have no problems but if I do a clean install of a SP3 disk then
Diskkeeper gives error messages and will not run in the background.

Art