Old February 28th 08, 02:35 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Phil Weldon[_3_]

Default Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3P - RAM?

'bornfree' wrote:
Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3P - What RAM would you recommend?

Someone told me this motherboard is "really fast", so it should have
fast ram. What do you think?

_____

You should select RAM based on the FSB speed for the CPU. And on whether or
not you intend to overclock by raising the FSB speed. And whether or not
you wish to run the Memory clock synched to the CPU clock. And whether or
not you are willing to spend the money for the diminishing performance
returns as you increase the RAM speed. And THAT is affected by the size of
the L2 cache, the applications you use, and the number of cores in the CPU.
FINALLY, after all those decisions, THEN you want to make sure the
motherboard can handle the Memory clock speed of the RAM you select.

Oh, yes, also you must select the right TYPE of RAM for the motherboard DDR2
or DDR3.

And every thing 'Augustus' posted.

Plus consider that a 32-bit Windows operating system can't use much more
than 2 GBytes of memory, especially if you one or two display adapters with
large memories (each byte of display adapter memory makes one byte of
motherboard memory between 2 GBytes and 4 GBytes unusable.

Phil Weldon