Old November 5th 04, 01:28 AM

On 2 Nov 2004 08:15:14 -0800, (DEf) wrote:

Ok thanks for your replies...now i've got still 2 questions about the
memory:

- Can you notice the difference between cl2.5 en cl2 memory ?

- Since i've bought a athlon xp 2600 on 333 fsb, do i have to buy
pc2700 memory? 'Cause pc3200 memory costs the same? But i've heard
that the performance only decreases when you run pc3200 on a 333
fsb....is that correct? What do you advice ?

Thanks again..
David

As the other posters have said go with 3200. First of all even if you
didnt use it at 3200/400 in the future you can possibly carry it over
to an AMD 64 system and still use it. Second -- you can probably
overclock the 2600 easily by just setting it to 200 FSB (3200/400
level) and get a 3200 MD XP processor just like that.

Also the the Audiophile 2496 recording card was going for lower and
lower prices the last time I looked. Real cheap. Its one of the most
popular entry level decent recording cards along with the Echoaudio
MIA etc but I think that one hasnt fallen as much in pricing. They
might be planning a new Audiophile 2496 replacement so that might be
the reason. Id search for some buzz about it just in case theres some
super duper feature on the new one if it is coming out that may be
worth waiting for.