Old December 4th 03, 04:10 PM
Phred

In article ,
"David H. Lipman" wrote:
"Tom Scales" wrote in message
| "David H. Lipman" wrote in message
|
| Go RAID 5 and SCSI and you will not have the artificial barriers
| of IDE hard disk controllers. Plus you a very reliable and very
| fast disk sub-system.
|
| That's ridiculous. A $900 computer and $1500 worth of disk.
| 250GB works fine in a 4550.

Except...

You are not taking into account; the importance of the data, the reliability
factor and the sheer speed that RAID 5 provides.

I can understand your enthusiasm for a RAID system that provides data
redundancy, but do you need to run a SCSI system to do this?

I have the impression from comments elsewhere in recent times that
modern IDE drives are perfectly adequate and SCSI is quite simply
over-priced, perhaps even over-rated, in comparison these days?

[...]

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID