Old July 24th 07, 04:10 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Billy Bob

Default "New" C2 Duo's?

NB Cooling?

bob

"Phil" wrote in message
Phil Weldon wrote:
'Billy Bob' wrote:
| I asume the new (1300?FSB) chips aren't good for us OC'ers?
_____

Maybe yes, maybe no. Depends on how high an FSB the motherboard can
use and, as always, the individual CPU chip. Motherboards based on
the nVidia 680i have been shown to work well with an FSB of 1600 MHz.
For a 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo 1333 MHz FSB CPU a 1600 MHz FSB would give
a 3.2 GHz overclock.

Sounds like NB cooling is going to become an issue for some. My MSI gets
unable-to-touch hot with my NB running at 315MHz. For the die-hards,
it'll give a small degree of better adjustability.

As for me, I picked an 800 MHz FSB Core 2 Duo as a start in March,
and would consider upgrading to a 45 nm CPU but not to a 1333 MHz FSB
65 nm CPU.

Good point. I may give it a go.
--
Phil