Old August 12th 07, 04:15 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000,alt.sys.pc-clone.micron,alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Barry Watzman

Default OT Interesting Note

There is no doubt that resistance to Vista is far greater that the
resistance to XP was. With XP, you had the resistance because it was
"new". But with Vista, you do have that, but there is more to it than
that. First, the user interface is "more different". Second, I think
that driver and older software compatibility is more of an issue.
Third, Vista's enhanced (arguably "over enhanced") security and UAC are
problematic and annoying. Fourth, if you liked PA and WGA, you will
love SPP. Unfortunately, however, pretty much everyone hated PA & WGA,
so SPP is pretty much the anti-piracy platform from hell. Put that all
together and you have the reasons for the resistance to Vista.

S.Lewis wrote:

I don't remember the distaste for XP as being nearly this pronounced. Yes,
there were issues. But in context, consumers were pretty accepting of XP as
most were eager to leave WinMe. Very eager.

Corporates were either living with NT4 or 5 (Win2K, and some still are) and
were in no rush to migrate.

I don't think many people would argue about the stability and improvement of
WinXP Home over WinMe.

The excitement for Vista has been underwhelming, imo.

Stew