Old September 22nd 03, 10:58 PM
Pug Fugley

Hmm...you're not very picky are you??

Hee hee..anyway..why would you want to mount your drives on rubber?? The
LAST thing you want is your drives being able to move around while the
platters or discs are spinning inside.

But anyway, this case is hard to beat:

http://tinyurl.com/kjcu

"Pete" wrote in message
s.com...
I probably should have posted this in the case mod group but it does
not seem to be very active and I know that you folks are so knowledgable
and helpful that you wouldn't want me to take this is slightly off-topic
posting elsewhere.

Compliments out of the way and now down to business! =(:-)

I am looking for some suggestions for a nice, quiet, black case for my

soon
to be built system. I am a quiet, understated kinda guy and don't want
clear side panels or lots of flashing leds (unless they can be
disconnected).

The Antec Sonata woud do nicely except for the couple of points I make
below.

Does anyone know of a case that soft mounts ALL drives both internal and
external?

I know that the Antec Sonata soft mounts the internal 3.5 inch drives but
it does not mount the external drives that way. The externals are fixed
with regular screws and no rubber mounts.

Whilst you have your thinking caps on, what is the best solution for
providing external drives with matching black fronts, other than hiding
them behind a door like the Sonata? BTW I don't like doors.

I would also like a case that I can buy without a power supply and steel

is
OK as I can probably afford that!!

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Pete