Old February 18th 04, 06:40 AM
Karl Burrows

You will get the SATA BIOS error if there is nothing connected. SATA runs
like SCSI. When you boot, it looks to the SATA controller to see if any
drives are there to load in the BIOS. If not, it gives you the message and
moves on.

The drivers for the Intel NIC are on the CD under utilities. You have to
install the drivers. The management software is optional.

"wilbure" wrote in message
news I have tried loading the drivers for my Lan controller off the CD that came
with the motherboard and still I cannot get it to work, the one thing I
nothiced that it says win 98 and NT ....I have XP....why do they not have
drivers for XP on the CD ? I am new at building my own ,,,,any help will be
greatly appreciated. One other thing ......I disabled the promise controller
in bios because I do not have a SATA drive I have a ATA100 drive ....the
reason why was everytime I booted I got SATA bios not loaded or something
like that....this I do not understand ...Should I leave it on anyway ? I can
deal with that but cannot do diddle without a internet connection
......thanks!