Old January 20th 17, 04:54 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Percival P. Cassidy

Default WD external 6 TB USB drive DOA

On 01/20/2017 04:18 AM, Ant wrote:

I had my first DOA drive on Sunday in a very long time. It is a WD 6 TB external USB drive. Will not even spin up. And I bought it
from Big River back in September so I have to send it back to WD.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KU686HI/

I got my replacement for the DOA 6 TB WD external USB drive yesterday from WD customer support. It says "Recertified in Vietnam",
whatever that means. I am performing a 3.0 TB LAN backup to it now.

Sounds like re(furbished/pair)ed?

IOW, it has undergone more thorough testing than the original one (and
most others).

Perce