Old September 5th 10, 06:23 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
poachedeggs

Default what's this noise if not the cpu fan?

On Sep 4, 10:05*pm, RayLopez99 wrote:
On Sep 4, 1:11*pm, poachedeggs wrote:
*oblem for a day,

What is this "oil" you speak of?

If you say something like WD40, then that's your problem.

No it was 3-in-1.

TROLL!

You're pulling our leg. *If you think 3-in-1 can be used on a CPU
fan. *I looked at one recently carefully, and with the 'brushless'
design I don't see where you can insert any lubricant of any kind
without shorting out the same. *BTW, to those regulars reading these
threads, I did get a new heat sink and fan and replaced the old one,
and everything seems kosher now, with temperatures a lot lower on my
Pentium IV. I will post a link to what I found helpful in another
thread.

RL

No, I think I must just have read out of date websites/forum posts, as
I was following apparent advice. I was sort of relieved when the AMD
man said the fan did not need oiling, and had been baffled about where
to put the oil myself. Troll-spotting is as pointless and daft as
trainspotting, I think I and 99% of people who've been called one have
got better things to do than tap nonsense online.