Old April 15th 07, 03:05 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
RF

Default HOT GPU

"Charles C. Shyu" wrote in message
.net...
Phil, thanks for the input. I've run my system with the case open and
posted the temp results earlier in this thread. I've cleaned up the dust
as much as I've can, and yes, the case fans as well as the video card fans
seem to be working. I'm now wondering if the temperature reading by
NVIDIA Control Panel is (way) off for some reason...
--
Charles C. Shyu
http://home.earthlink.net/~shyuc/shyu.html

Just running your system with the case open might actually raise
temperatures because there's no fluid airflow through the case. You'll get
pockets of air sitting in places. If you run with the case off, blow a
small house fan into the open side of the case to ensure that air is flowing
everywhere properly.

RF.