Old April 11th 07, 05:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil Weldon

Default HOT GPU

'Charles. C. Shyu' wrote, in part:
| Now I've found that if even a simple program like the 3D Pipes screensaver
| comes on, the temps jump to:
| Ambient temperatu 72 deg C
| GPU Co 112 deg C
| Slowdown threshold: 135 deg C
_____

The ambient temperature says it all. It is too high. The cooling solution
result depends on the ambient temperature. An ambient temperature (I assume
you mean temperature within the system case) is 30 to 40 C higher than it
should be (unless you are located deep in a South African gold mine.) It is
therefore only to be expected that the GPU temperature should be 30 to 40 C
higher than it should be. For your under load example, 112 C - (30 to 40 C)
= 82 to 72 C. Still high, but within reason. As 'ShutEye' posted, house
cleaning is in order (and perhaps a check to see if the case fans are
actually turning.

Phil Weldon

link.net...