Old December 16th 03, 09:25 AM
Paul

In article , Ed
wrote:

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:59:43 +1100, "L'acrobat"
wrote:

Under WinXP, In device manager under 'other devices' I have listed a
'Network Controller' with a yellow question mark beside it.

My onboard network adapter is lested under network adapters and works fine.

Any ideas what the extra 'Network Adapter' is?

Only other thing I have listed under Network Adapters in WinXP Pro is
"1394 Net Adapter" which is the Firewire on my Audigy 2 card.
Sorry can't be of more help,
Ed

You can network two computers with Firewire. They need a proper GUID
in the BIOS to work, and sometimes the GUID gets fried when the BIOS
is flashed. I have no idea if that is your problem or not.

For more trivia on GUID, try a search he

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/search.php
http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/view...highlight=guid

HTH,
Paul