Old August 21st 05, 10:29 PM
Nicholas D Richards

In article .com,
Steve writes
Hi Ben,

I thought the driver download would include some documentation but it
does not. Nothing seems to happen when you run the .exe program, and no
driver shows up in the Device Manager. I am baffled.

The .exe program is a DOS self-extracting program that extracts the
drivers into the same folder as the .exe file.

There is a crx100e2.doc file which explains how to install the drivers.
Unfortunately, as you will see when you look at the document, it makes
some assumptions.

Assuming that you have the CDRW connected, you should be able to install
the drivers using the 'Add New Hardware' wizard in the Control Panel.

Unfortunately it is years since I ran a Windows 98 PC so I cannot give
you the full sequence of instructions. You basically will add from a
specific location, have a disk and display a full list of drivers from a
specific location.

A few other thoughts:

- have you checked that USB is enabled in the BIOS settings? Have
you had other USB devices running successfully.

- I assume that the drive has its own power supply, if not total
USB power usage must not exceed 500 milliamps, and your PSU in the base
unit must be able to supply the extra power.
--
Nicholas David Richards -

"Oł sont les neiges d'antan?"