Old December 20th 18, 02:12 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Mike S

Default Pleasant surprise

On 12/17/2018 5:30 PM, Norm X wrote:
Hi All,

I have two SATA SSD's in my Win10 desktop PC, 250 & 500 GB. I did not expect
Win10 to allow it but I tried and it worked. I created a pagefile.sys on
each drive. It noticeably speeded up Win10. Then I booted WinXP in
VirtualBox, on that PC, it was even faster than native WinXP installed on my
netbook PC. I reason that the moving data on one drive only involves
directory changes, while moving such data between two drives, actually
involves slow data transmission. Twice the bandwidth to pagefiles in
unbeatable.

Are you certain that Windows can use multiple pagefiles simultaneously?
I'm only asking because I don't know, I did find this, not sure if it's
correct:
"Windows can use multiple page files just fine. Best practice is to have
one page file on each physical drive, assuming they're not RAID'ed. A
single drive would only have one page file, not one per partition (for
performance reasons). When a paging operation is needed, Windows will
choose the page file on the least busy drive at that moment."

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/25...le-size-drives