Old August 20th 16, 08:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.hdd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Ant

Default What's a good portable reliable external 2.5" USB HDD to get these days?

In alt.comp.periphs.hdd Robert Nichols wrote:
On 08/19/2016 08:54 AM, Ant wrote:
Hello.

It looks like this 6 years old 500 GB Seagate FreeAgent Go HDD is dying
according to GMsmartControl v0.8.7's extended test results on a very
old, updated Windows XP Pro SP3 (couldn't do SMART tests on 2 MBPs):
http://paste2.org/z1Kv4Vpk ...

That report shows a seldom used drive (only 100 hours on the clock) in
excellent condition (no bad sectors). The most recent self test was
aborted by the host, not by the drive, when the test was 90% complete.
If those large raw numbers for the various "..._Rate" attributes (1, 7,
195) are bothering you, know that those are normal for Seagate drives.
See http://www.users.on.net/~fzabkar/HDD/Seagate_SER_RRER_HEC.html and
various other search results for seagate+error+rate.

Thanks. I wonder why it got aborted during the extended tests.
--
Quote of the Week: "I've been on some fairways that are as good as the
greens we putted on back then. We had crab grass. I remember one green