Old June 28th 09, 09:09 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis[_3_]

Default Dell Windows Vista to Windows 7 upgrade eligibility and registration:

"Boris" wrote in message
5.209...
"S.Lewis" wrote in
:

"Rich" wrote in message
Wrong price for Professional. It is $99.99

As an aside, given that a clean install is needed for the XP Pro -
Vista Business upgrade, I wonder if it is safe to assume that ANY of
the upgrade discs are capable of a qualifying clean install?

Meaning, if I wanted to "upgrade" my XPS 420 (WinVista Home Premium
32) to Win7 Home Premium, I'd simply prefer to perform a clean install
rather than a "true" upgrade.

I'm guessing that is possible with the proper Vista product key.

Same here. I'd prefer a clean install on two Vista Home Premium 32
machines that I have. The best information I've been able to find on
this so far is:

http://tinyurl.com/nab2fp

http://tinyurl.com/m63u4l

Thanks for the links. Looks like the answer is 'yes', but spinning up the
upgrade media from the GUI, which is fine.