Old April 14th 04, 04:26 AM
Wayne Wastier

"Michael Brown" wrote in message
Wayne Wastier wrote:
Oops, forgot to give explanation:

When you multi-post, when someone responds, it stays in that group.
When you cross-post, every answer is spawned to every cross posted
group.

This is also the reason why crossposting (as opposed to multiposting) is
good If a question is asked in several groups, these groups are
(hopefully) interested in the question. So if the question IS answered,
it's
probably good for the people who don't monitor all of the groups to see
the
answer.

Of course, it can be abused, particularily for flame-wars as you noted.
Ideally, you should only post in the group that is the most applicable to
your question.

[...]

--
Michael Brown
www.emboss.co.nz : OOS/RSI software and more

Makes cents$ to me. LOL

Thanks for the heads up on this. I will now update my netiquette, as you
have shown me great wisdom, and maybe even a bit of insight. ROFLOL

Cerealously, I really do see your po^nt. g

Wayne