Old March 29th 06, 08:53 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

Default Restoring Axcel 4630, HD problems

I only place food in my freezer.
When and if I have a HD failure.
I will rely on my Raid
I also have a backup and restore on CD

I do not futz with bad or tempermental parts
Not worth my time

But I will give your idea av try if I ever get to that point
"mdp" wrote in message
Axcel 4630 wrote:
Thanks for the replies guys but... The HD is the problem here. It
won't fire up on any other PC. I used another HD in the PB and
restored the original PB Win95 OEM pkg and that HD works fine. Just
never had a HD die before and wondered if the HD controller or some
other mechanical or electronic failure is the cause.

Picking up rock, tossing it at study room window of Ben Myers house,
sound of glass breaking, oops! Hope that gets his attention, probably
hiding on the clone.dell group.

Have you heard of the old "put the HD in the freezer for a while" then
try? Sometimes works for a variety of reasons but if it does don't count
on it permanently. If it works, you'll have some time to get files off.