Old May 25th 05, 07:59 AM
seedy

John Smith wrote:
Try Central Computer in California
http://centralcomputer.com/products.asp?pline=HDRII

They show 120gb from both Seagate & WD.I'v bought drives, MB, CPU etc. from
them in the past and never had any complaints(both in store and more
recently e-mail order).

Semi Head wrote:

After much consideration, I'm about to build my first PC, a low-end (to
a middle-of-the-road) game machine.

It going to be base-off this hardware set-up (so far).

AMD ATHLON 64 3000+ (WINCHESTER)
GIGABYTE K8N ULTRA-9

KINGSTON 1GB DDR400(512MB X 2);

Looking for a 120gb (8mb cache) SATA2 internal HardDrive.
Anyway, I've been searching all night and have not found one of these
hard drive's (any manufacture model) for sell in the US market.

In fact, only Samsung offered one 120gb sata2 model in UK & Europe
market.
Very strange?
Anyone care to speculate why this is?

I guess i'll go with a 160gb Sata2 HD instead. Don't really need a
40gb's more though. Any & all suggestions on brand names and models
would be appreciated. BTW- URL's would be nice too.

S_H

Mr. John Smith, all those drives listed on the site you provided are
SATA1, not the SATA2 interface.
So, Mr.Semi_Head was correct, there are no 120gb SATA2 drives
availiable in the USA. That's interesting!

TT