Old September 13th 05, 05:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Peter van der Goes

Default athlon heat question

"sligo" wrote in message
I plan to buy an athlon 64 3000+ processor. Is the stock heat sink
adequate
or should I consider something better? If so what make?
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

The stock HSF is more than adequate in a properly ventilated case if you're
planning on a 90Nm CPU such as a Winchester or Venice.
I have a 64 3200+ Winchester here overclocked to 2.5 GHz (2.0 is stock
speed), using the stock HSF. As I type this: Room = 26C, case 28C, CPU 35C.
Max CPU temp I've seen at full load is 44C.