Old March 28th 05, 01:13 AM
HH

You got Fast Page Mode SIMMs, right? Not EDO. 8MB of EDO is soldered on the
motherboard, but the added SIMMs must be Fast Page Mode RAM.
Did you try reseating the new SIMMs? Try just 2 of them?
HH

"The Ghost" wrote in message

thank you for your input on the parts my daughter was very excited that
we could do this on Her pc .
i spent the 30 bucks to get a 166 intel chip and 4 32meg sticks of
memory from http://www.isellsurplus.com/ .

i need to get thermal compound before i can add the 166 , but the
memory is causing a boot issue .
when i power up the pc it does the self test on the gateway monitor and
asks me if my video cable is connected ! i removed the "new" used memory
and reinstalled the old sticks and it boots fine .

how do i correct this ? thanks again for the info .

--
The Ghost