Old September 19th 04, 11:38 PM
Toby Groves

In article , TooFatToSurf
writes
I am sending them a letter giving them the opportunity to complete the
contract within 14 days.

If they do not, I shall buy the computer elsewhere and issue a small
claims summons for the amount I am out of pocket due to their breach.

Let me get this straight. You claim you have a contract with Dabs for
the supply of a used laptop, and that as they can't find said laptop
they're in breach of contract.

This is quite obviously an honest error on their part and they've simply
refunded the money to you, which is perfectly reasonable IMO.

You, OTOH, find this anything but reasonable and are harking on about
how Dabs must stick to the letter of the contract and supply said
laptop.

Except you're not, are you?

It's blatantly obvious that you're after a brand new laptop from Dabs
for the price they quoted for the used one. Despite all your ranting
about the contract being broken, you don't actually want them to fulfil
the original contract at all, which was for the supply of the used
laptop, you want them to "compensate" you by supplying a brand new one
for the same price.

Stop ranting on about "justice" and just admit you're being greedy.
--
Toby