Old December 1st 03, 03:34 AM
Carlo Razzeto

"David Magda" wrote in message
GHalleck writes:

Well, you can emulate a PC on the Mac with VirtualPC. Though it
doesn't (yet?) run on the newest systems with the "G5" processor.

As I understand it the main obsticle to emmulating a modern MacOS on non-mac
hardware is Apple requireing a Mac BIOS to start the OS. There actually is a
company, emmulators inc that sold an ISA card on which you could sit a Mac
BIOS ROM chip and with the help of their speacial software get a modern
MacOS going on a Windows system. I just checked and they have up to OS 8
running well. I thought about getting that system going on my system once,
but since I don't have any real reason to do this I have yet to buy their
product.

Carlo

--
David Magda dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca, http://www.magda.ca/