Old April 5th 04, 06:22 AM
Frank Pittel

Default Xerox mechanical failure due to cover weight, No support from Xerox!!!!!

What does this have to do with large format photography??

In rec.photo.equipment.large-format Taylor wrote:
: This is a long problem so I will be as brief as possible. I own a
: large format printing company and we decide that we have a good market
: to make gift cards and smaller prints to a number of our accounts. I
: started with Phaser 860 to test market, we hand feeding a Wausau Exact
: Indext 8".50x11" 110lb 200g/m. Then we would take the impression and
: slit and fold with the Martin Yale 959. We wore out the head after
: awile. So we thought its time to upgrade printers. We contacted Xerox
: corporate sales explained exactly what our needs are and the paper
: that I listed above Wausau 110lb. They checked everything out and we
: would need to work with the DocuColor 2240 they stated. So then we did
: extensive test at the Xerox in Bloomington Minnesota. They said the
: specs of this machine fits our needs! So we did a five year lease and
: a service contract. About after two months color hold of jobs got
: really bad. When we ran a stock pile that we ran even a week ago the
: hues would be so far out we were doing large percents of color
: correcting like 50% multiple times. What printed befor blue was green
: and yellow were orange. The service techs came out several times.
: Never got any better just got worse. Then started fading overal tones
: light tones completly washed out. I mean quality is very poor.
: Calibrations did nothing. Service techs worked on this machine on and
: off for months as I'm loosing accounts. So then Xerox decides that
: they will swap out for the work centre pro 40 and tells me its print
: enginge is completely different, but finding out later the same as the
: 2240. Runs good for three weeks color shifts during during runs of
: stockpiles in the same run doesn't hold color at all! Tones are all
: faded hues rocking back and forth a complete mess! Xerox service techs
: are scratching there heads and work on this machine for about two
: months!
: Finaly the main Tech says he finds out that the Cover weight is making
: a wear impression in the rollers and drum that he says is a dead end!
: He says he can't do anything else and say he will comment to Xerox
: that the amount of cover weight is to damaging to the rollors. Then he
: tells me he has another account that is wearing these rollors out on
: the machine every 20,000 impressions and that this machines seems to
: be a dead end!!! I tell my dealer all this and they say I have to take
: it up with Xerox cause they spec the machine suitable for my specs. So
: we contact Xerox they have us write a letter on why we would need to
: do a reverse sale to break the contract. We even have thousands of
: scraps and documention of machine failure. We print a discriptive
: letter not like this one as you can see I'm not a good writer. It has
: contact information the ten yards of all problems. So we fax it. One
: week goes by and another and another, we call our person that is
: handling our customer support, leave multiple messages never call back
: for two months!!!!! And ask us to refax our statement cause no
: customer number listed on it!!! We fax back right away with the our
: customer number another and wait another month with messages we left
: to call, but never returned phone calls! Then they call today saying
: sales rejects reverse sale. I ask this woman why? She says sales says
: the work centre pro meets our specs. I ask her did you talk with the
: service techs out in Minnesota she does'nt know!! I said the machine
: as been broken for months and can't fix, now what. She does'nt know! I
: say would'nt it be better to break the contract then replace the
: machine every two weeks or month and I can't afford the down times?
: She says she will talk to some people.
: I would be fine just to break the contract, I have gotten legal
: advice and was told to tell them if they don't break contract we will
: sue and that's what I have now said if they don't I will persue losses
: for accounts and material losses. She said I will let them know.