Old June 23rd 03, 09:25 PM
Barry Watzman

The functionality that you want is present in the drivers and setup
programs for the touchpad, which should be factory installed on the
laptop. It sounds like you are just using a "mouse" driver, which will
work but which will not provide the extra functions.

Kevin L. Mullin wrote:
Hi,

I bought a Compaq Presario 3045US last week. The touchpad seems to lack a
lot of the functionality of others I have used - virtual scrollbar on the
side, the ability to "toss" the pointer to the other side of the screen,
etc. Is it possible to just download a new driver or software to increase
the features? I believe it is a Synaptec touchpad.

Also, since I loaded all of my software on the machine, I seem to have lost
the touchpad control panel. The device manager says "PS/2 device, but
nothing about the touchpad. It even says PS/2 device when I am using the
laptop without the external mouse - any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

KLM