Old August 14th 03, 07:51 PM
MCheu

mcheu wrote:

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:57:37 GMT, Mike Walsh
wrote::

No. Even 10 Mbps ethernet is far faster than DSL.

That confuses me a bit.

The most common DSL cxn offered to home users is 10Mbps.

The next step up from that offered by Sympatico and some others is
30Mbps. Up until recently, this was offered only to business users,
but is now available to home users as "Ultra High Speed".

Can you clarify your statement?

Thanks,

MCheu

Mike Walsh wrote in message ...
I was under the impression that DSL maxed out at 1.5 Mbps. That is the fastest speed claimed it my area, actual speed is somewhat less. If you can get faster DSL you shouldn't have any problems with 100 Mbps ethernet.

Sorry. You're right. Long day, and a wayward decimal point. I guess
10Mbps is plenty.

Sympatico's High Speed DSL is 1.0Mbps
Sympatico's Ultra Highspeed is 3.0Mbps.

Thanks,