Old March 23rd 09, 06:08 PM posted to comp.periphs.scsi,comp.arch.storage
msg

Default Exabyte AME tape recognition holes

Greetings,

I don't have any Exabyte AME tapes so I can't see for myself. Would someone
please post a description of the recognition holes and write protect state holes
on the underside of the cartridge (I can't find a description on the 'Net either).

Please orient the tape with the retractable hood facing you and the drive spool
gear teeth and recognition holes facing up. Please describe the cluster of holes
on the upper left (the top two holes matter most). Please also describe the
upper two holes on the upper right with the tab in the open position and in the
closed position and also which position is labeled as 'save' or 'protect'

Thanks much,

Michael