Old October 18th 06, 06:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Skybuck Flying

Default *** USB Keyboard and USB Mouse failure with /sos switch ***

Hello,

I booted with the /sos switch enabled this caused the USB Keyboard and USB
Mouse both from logitech to stop responding in Windows XP 64 Bit Pro.

(Logitech UltraX Keyboard and Logitech Click! Mouse)

Fortunately I had a USB to PS/2 convertor connector.

As soon as I plugged the keyboard in via this connector Skybuck's Dream PC
automatically turned on which was quite weird.

Fortunately the keyboard worked again and I could log in by pressing control
alt delete or the windows key, not sure which one worked.

All in all this /sos switch is a pretty dangerous switch for Skybuck's Dream
PC kind of systems or any system with USB equipment only I guess.

Fortunately I was able to disable the /sos switch and now everything is
working again but that was quite a weird and scary experience.

Bye,
Skybuck.