Old December 28th 05, 11:20 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

Default Gaming computer(for kind of cheap)

wrote:
Just bought Battlefield 2 and Call of Duty 2 and my computer right
now just isnt running these games as good as i thought it would.

What is the specific performance problem?

Asus board w/ 8xagp
AMD 64 3400+
radeon x850 pro
1 gb ram

This sounds like a good rig. Software (incl BIOS)
side is the most likely culprit as another poster said.

For hardware, make sure your HD & CDROM are on separate cables
(interfaces). You don't want the seek delays on one stalling
the other. In general, I avoid putting on IDE slave devices
unless I'm sure the master and slave won't be busy simultaneously.

-- Robert