Old February 20th 05, 02:59 PM

On 20-Feb-2005, (Frantz) wrote:

I'm making an inventory soft and i would like te get the serial
numbers of printers...

I have search a mean or a tool which permit to get this serial number
but i have found nothing on the net...

Looking at the eeprom listing I can't see any locations for serial
number, so I guess that they aren't stored in the printers memory.
I doubt that they would produce individual chips with different
serial numbers for each printer, they probably just stick a label on
so they can identify the batch and date of production.

NOW has anyone the Epson service utilities listed in the
component level repair manuals, the manuals with the schematics,
waveforms, and component listings? These will talk to the eeproms
and allow full setup for things like head skew and so on after a rebuild.