Old November 9th 08, 06:09 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
RobV[_2_]

Default Memory Question ?

wrote:
Hi all,

I have the following memory sticks currently in my computer

Corsair 2GB DDRF2 800MHz/PC2 6400 XMS2 NON ESS Ubuffered CL5

I also have 2 empty slots. The question is - Can I populate these two
with the same brand of Memory sticks but slightly faster like
4-4-4-12.

If I do, do I need to fiddle the BIOS setting or what.

Thanks for your help.

Why do you want to add memory that requires more voltage than the memory
you have now and, even though the timings of the new memory are faster,
will have to be run at the same, slower speed timings of the original
memory?

Why not just get another pair of the same modules you already have?