Old December 6th 05, 03:23 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default Where can I find a song I played in Firefox?

Monica wrote:
Well I guess it's just not on here afterall. I finally navigated thru all
the folders but nothing was there that indicated a music file or any file
that I could actually open.
Thanks for your help tho
Monica

Certain formats (like Real) only leave a stub on the computer and stream
the media, so you may not find it. In Windows XP, Mozilla Firefox's
cahce is (by default) in C:\Documents & Settings\$USERNAME\Application
Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[8_random_chacters].default\Cache, chances
are if it's anywhere, it'd be there. For the Mozilla Suite (now known
as SeaMonkey), change /Firefox/ to /default/ and exclude the .default
from the following sub-directory (but it will start with random characters).

There's methods of capturing a stream if that's the case. Certain
formats can be copy directly via software, and at worst case you can use
a program like AudioJacker or TotalRecorder which record anything that
passes through your sound card (downside is this occurs in real time).