Old December 3rd 06, 03:12 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
jasee

Default Printing to a net printer?

***** charles wrote:
"jasee" wrote in message
***** charles wrote:
Thanks for the post. The configuration is Windows 2000 Pro machine
connected to a Linksys WRT54G with ethernet cable and an Apple
Laserwriter 16/600 PS connected to the WRT54G with an ethernet
cable and adapter.

^^^^^^^

What is this (has it a name or number) like jetdirect****?

M0437 Apple Ethernet Twisted Pair Transceiver.

Doh! :-( All the other stuff I suggested is useless :-(
These use appletalk to talk to the network (a proprietry protocol used by
apple)
You can try installing this protocol on the W2k machine, click the network
adapter add protocol appletalk. I've never done this however then maybe
you'll need to create an appletalk port when you make a new printer
connection? Sorry, I hadn't noticed your refernces to 'Apple'!