Old February 20th 04, 05:23 AM
jbclem1

Default P2B shuts down with a click and blue screen w/message

For the past three days, once a day my computer with give a click and shut
down. The screen shows a blue color with the following text:

STOP: 0x0000001(0x00000005, 0x00000002,0x00000000,0x00000005)
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Beginning dump of physical memory. Physical memory dump complete. Contact
your system administrator or tech support group.

======
I have to reboot the computer and things seem to be normal again. I just
checked the cpu right after it happened and didn't feel any sign that it was
hot, but it took about 2 minutes to get to it to check.

My computer is running Win2000 on a Pentium III 1000mHz cpu, 512mb Kingston
RAM (just checked last week with a 10 hour memtest86 test). P2B with the
latest german bios and a Soltex card to hold the Pentium III cpu. It's been
running fine for at least 6 months with this combination.

I'd appreciate any ideas about this error message and possible causes of the
problem.

John