Old October 25th 07, 09:16 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Richard Steinfeld[_2_]

Default Ink vs. Laser - professional advise is needed

I think that what's significant about what both Burt and I have written
is that Burt and I are both fans of the inkjet process. I'm actually
using an inkjet printer almost exclusively right now. Yet, when I next
have a large document to work on, that will be done on my Oki LED
printer (which is a laser printer except for the way that the image is
generated on the drum). An interesting advantage, too, of the laser
printers is that it's less touchy about paper quality for the image. You
don't want to use paper that's so junky that it cruds up the printer's
insides with paper dust and scratches the delicate drum surface. But you
can print very nicely on ordinary 20-pound copy paper of decent quality.

For my inkjet printer, however, I'm using 24-pound, genuine "HP" brand
(Hammermill, actually) inkjet paper; there are a lot of reasons for
this, inluding the fact that I'm duplex-printing. But for churning out
lots of pages for working on, the LED/laser machine is the way to go.

So, here's the interesting thing: the laser printer is the best choice
for both intermittant short jobs and intense, long runs. The inkjet
falls in between. How about that?