Old October 25th 07, 01:20 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default Ink vs. Laser - professional advise is needed

Hi,

My old Epson Stylus CX3200 inkjet has finally died and I'm looking for
a replacement.

My printing habbits are to print a couple of B/W pages in a couple of
weeks, so it looks like the inkjets should be a natural cost effective
choice. However I've experieced a lot of problems with inkjet related
to the fact that I do not use the printer frequently enough to keep
the printing heads in a good working condition. The ink was simply
drying out and clogging the nozzles. After a couple of years of
constant replacing ink cartridges and performing the "Clean Nozzle"
routine, the printer has finnally stopped printing (everything works
great except from the fact that only few dots apper on printed pages).

I wonder if entry level laser printers are less prone to clogging.

So shall I go for a laser or for an inkjet?

Thank you for your help,
Alex