Old September 11th 05, 12:10 PM
Martin Milan

"Trev" trevbowdenATdsl.pipexDOTnet wrote in
:

"Martin Milan" wrote in message
Conor wrote in
t:

In article , Bob
Eager says...
On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 18:38:02 UTC, "Adam" wrote:

I thought I should warn about the total lack of respect for
customers' statutory rights that seems to exist at PC World.

True of the whole Dixons Group.

True of any retailer with any common sense. Only a complete ****wit
of a business would give a refund without proof of purchase.

Proof of purchase is not necessarily a receipt - it's not beyond them
to check to see if they have sold a KVM recently to your credit card
(assuming this wasn't a cash payment)...

I would have though taking the necessary information of when and where
you bought it with you would be the sensible thing. Next will be
complaing they would not refund as he did not tack it back.
One problem with DSG is that they too readily swap items for customers
who bought the wrong one. This is why too much of their stock is pre
tried or in complete or plane bugged

Yes, if you have the receipt to hand, then of course it would be helpful
to take it in with you. All I am saying is that it's not a legal
requirement. No sense in making life more unpleasant that it has to be
if you can avid it though.

As for DSG, well, I am also a dissatisfied PC World customer...