Old December 28th 17, 03:26 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Mark Lloyd[_6_]

Default NVIDIA is gearing up to end 32-bit OS support

On 2017-12-24, Doomsdrzej wrote:
On Sun, 24 Dec 2017 21:15:17 +0800, "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
wrote:

Full story:
https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/24/nvidia-is-gearing-up-to-end-32-bit-os-support/

If you haven't upgraded to a 64-bit operating system, you might want to
soon.

Anyone with more than 4GB of RAM has definitely already done so.

untrue. PAI is still a thing.

Is that anything like PAE? Something that Windows doesn't really support
(supposedly it does, but not for increased RAM).

A real 64-bit OS should still be better.

I used to have a system with 8GB and Windows XP (32-bit). It had some
software to use the extra RAM is a disk. That's one place where it makes
sense to use a software RAMdisk for the swap file. I suppose I'd still
be using it if it hadn't died last summer. I used 64-bit (Win 7) on the
new one.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The weirdest way to fantasize While frigid Solstice thaws Imagine-
Christless Christmastime! replaced by... "Jesus Claus"? [Gerald Tholen]