Old April 13th 04, 11:18 AM
Ace Cruiser

(Neil Varshneya) wrote in message . com...
Hi,

Post the fastest processor speed you know of in Ghz. Tell where it
can be foung and who its manufacturer is.

What Aaron said is true, the speed of the processor clock is just one
variable in the equation. AMD systems tend to have more bang for the
tick, but are known for being a bit less stable than Intels closest
counterpart. Furthermore, AMD offer more bang for the buck as far as
speed, but Intel offers a better overall compromise of speed and
stability, but you pay considerably more for it. I'm running an AMD
1.3Ghz with a VIA chipset on an ABIT motherboard, and I'm very happy
with it... most of the time. If you're running a critical service on
the machine, I'd recommend paying the extra chunk and going Intel, but
if you're wanting a gaming machine, I'd say AMD is the way to go. Also
research motherboards. A kick butt processor in a cheezy motherboard
is like putting a blower on an Edsel. If the motherboard bus is half
the size of the CPU bus, then you're missing the point of a having a
fast processor. You can also squeeze a bit more speed and stability
out of your system by putting a better than average cooling system in
it. An although you'll see alot of talk about overclocking... don't.

Anyhow that's my advice, I hope you find it useful.