Old April 9th 04, 04:21 AM
Aaron

(Neil Varshneya) wrote in message . com...
Hi,

Post the fastest processor speed you know of in Ghz. Tell where it
can be foung and who its manufacturer is.

GHz rankings are pointless, and it's not just because I'm an AMD freak
fan. Note the Intel Celeron and Pentium 4 lines. I've read in PC
magazines that 1.8GHz P4 will outperform even 2.7GHz Celeron. Also,
AMD Athlon 64 FX-53 outruns most (all?) upper level P4's, and it's
rated at 2.4GHz, I believe.

Benchmarks are more reflective of performance, because they actually
are performance. However, not all benchmarks are created equal.
Basically, it come down to what you want, all brands perform about the
same.

This might not be politically correct, but oh well, it gives you the
general idea,
Aaron