Old December 30th 07, 03:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default external drive, partition not visible

I had a PC which had music on it and the mother board went out on it.
So I decided instead of fixing it I would take the 120gb hard drive
that wasn't the master hard drive out of it and use it as an external
hard drive connected to my laptop. My thought was I would be able to
gain access to all the music I had on this hard drive. when I
connected it to my laptop ( I bought a har drive enclosure ) it would
only let me progress with it if I formatted the drive, which I did.
Now here's the strange part, I know when formatting you lose whatever
is on the part which is formatted. There's a partition of this drive
showing 65gb of used space but I can't access it. How would I be able
to access this portion of this drive and hopefully get my music back.