Old August 14th 03, 01:08 AM
Paladin

Thanks for sharing your experience. Glad you like the Zalmans!
--
Paladin

Remove "NOSPAM" to reply:

"Forrest" wrote in message
I bought and installed a Zalmans 7000 CU on my P-4 2.4 gig, using the
supplied compound. I then helped a neighbor build a machine and he bought

tube of Arctic Silver III. He gave me the rest of the tube. I removed the
Zalmans, cleaned it and the CPU with alcohol and reinstalled it with the

AC
III. I didn't see any extra cooling, in fact it may have gone up a degree.
Don't waste your money. Just use what they give you. By the way, I love

the
hell out of the Zalmans. I only bought it to quiet things down and that it
does, and keeps it cool.

"Paladin" wrote in message
An old chestnut, maybe, but... I'm planning to attach a Zalman copper

cooler
to my P4 3.0, running on an Asus P4C800-ED board, initially at stock

speeds.
I have a choice between the supplied thermal grease, Arctic Ceramique or
Arctic Silver. Anyone have any thoughts on which is best?
--
Paladin

Remove "NOSPAM" to reply: