Old October 1st 04, 10:06 PM
John M. Thomas

Yep - Had one just like it, replaced the battery board and modem - did show
signs of life and recognized the presence of the battery, even after a power
button reset, it still wouldn't boot. I'd bought a new motherboard for it,
but really didn't feel up to the challenge - sold it sans hard drive as a
non-working machine, put the money into my Dell fund (purchased Inspiron
1150 - $200 off + free shipping; 40GB HDD, 2.6Ghz, 384MB RAM, etc...), and I
don't have to deal with HP anymore. If someone needs a 12xl125 MB for $50
shipped (within the continental USA), let me know - I've got a like-new one
in the box.

If you're looking for a battery board or modem board, I have one of each
that are new, one of each that I pulled from the old machine - and am unsure
as to the actual condition (since replacing them didn't cure the problem)

I also have a battery for a 1600 (I suspect) that is identical to the one in
the 12xl125 and holds a charge

John
"Gene Hoffman" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have just started using the newsgroups. After I posted this question I
looked through some more of the posts and found where this problem has

been
posted. They also left this link,
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/f...threadId=36917
and I will pass it on too.
I can't beleive that HP knows of this problem, can't and won't fix it and
STILL hosts a forum on their site. I have a Presario 7470 and the 1200,

not
sure if I'll buy another if they can't fix this.
"Gene Hoffman" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have a 1200 power problem. When I plug in the adapter the a/c light

comes
on, does not show the battery being charged and will not power up. I

bought
a new voltage regulator board and have the same problem. I t did,

however,
charge the battery once, but still did not boot.
All constructive input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Gene