Old December 28th 04, 09:17 PM
Pluvious

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 18:38:52 -0800, Heywood wrote:

You may try enabling cleartype in XP....It is made for flatpanel LCD
displays etc.

From XP Help....

"Open Display in Control Panel.
On the Appearance tab, click Effects.
In the Effects dialog box, select the Use the following method to
smooth edges of screen fonts check box.
Click ClearType in the list. "
Notes

"To open Display, click Start, click Control Panel, and then
double-click Display.
ClearType is ideal for portable computer and other flat screen
monitors. ClearType may appear slightly blurry on desktop computer
monitors.
Whether you select Standard or ClearType from the list, you must have
a video card and monitor that support a color setting of at least 256
colors. Best results are achieved with High color (24-bit) or Highest
color (32-bit) support. Click the Settings tab to set Color quality."

After following these instuctions check out this M$ site to fine tune
it.

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/...ame=%20&fsize=

Pluvious

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 23:52:07 GMT, Thomas Gill
wrote:

I am maybe in the wrong forum for this question but here it is:

Have just purchased a new 17" LCD monitor and notice that all text is
displayed with ghosting to the left of the letter. My video card is an
ATI 9200. Perhaps this was also there with my CRT but I didn't notice it
then.

Have looked for display settings in XP and the ATI s/w that might
control this but can not find anything.

Any help?