Old December 28th 04, 09:12 PM
Thomas Gill

Try this for change:

Go to system properties (right-click 'my computer'-icon for instance)
Go to the tab 'Advanced'
In the box 'performance' click 'Settings'-button
At visual effects select 'Adjust for best performance'

Yes, windows will look like windows 95 :-) But, there is some setting there
that makes the letters unclear on some displays. If the text is clear now,
you can re-enable the visual things until you see what is causing the
problem.

Good luck, hope this works.

Thomas.

Thanks ... good tip here ... these were the settings I was looking for.
Have disabled all effects but still does not make a difference. Maybe
will just have to live with it. Text also seems to ghost in Linux Gnome
environment. Think I will compare with other monitors to see if this
effect is common to all.