Old December 28th 04, 09:24 AM
Thomas

Thomas Gill wrote:
I am maybe in the wrong forum for this question but here it is:

Have just purchased a new 17" LCD monitor and notice that all text is
displayed with ghosting to the left of the letter. My video card is an
ATI 9200. Perhaps this was also there with my CRT but I didn't notice
it then.

Have looked for display settings in XP and the ATI s/w that might
control this but can not find anything.

Try this for change:

Go to system properties (right-click 'my computer'-icon for instance)
Go to the tab 'Advanced'
In the box 'performance' click 'Settings'-button
At visual effects select 'Adjust for best performance'

Yes, windows will look like windows 95 :-) But, there is some setting there
that makes the letters unclear on some displays. If the text is clear now,
you can re-enable the visual things until you see what is causing the
problem.

Good luck, hope this works.

Thomas.