Old October 3rd 04, 04:55 AM
Mike Richter

Default How do I place cues within a track?

wrote:

I'm burning a long wav to audio CD format, and would like to put cues
in the wav at different points, so that if I hit "track forward" on
the CD I can skip ahead within the track to a particular point in the
track. (It's a lecture -- not music. So there's only "1 track" on the
CD, but I need cues within it. It's an hour long.)

My current sound editing software (PolderbitS) only let's you place
cues by track splitting. But when I do this and burn the tracks to CD
then listen back, it cuts out for a second at the track positions,
inserting dead space. I don't want any space at all. I don't even want
separate tracks. Just one long track with cues.

Anyone know what software will do this? Thanks!

Such indexing as you're after may or may not be satisfactory depending
on the player. Creating separate tracks will not introduce the gaps if
you record DAO with no intertrack gap. The issue is not with the audio
editor but with the mastering software that writes the disc. If yours
won't write DAO, use one which does - for one, Exact Audio Copy is
capable and essentially free.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/