Old July 23rd 03, 05:26 PM
Ric

Have you ever been able to burn faster? Have you changed your media type?
There are clearly media compatibility differences between different firmware
versions, so I suggest you download 6S0D from their website
(www.liteonit.com) and see if that helps. Actually, you can't get it from
their website, they've only got a link to 6S0F, which I found was less
compatible with my media than 6S0D. But you can get it with this link:
http://www.liteonit.com/webfw/LTR-52246S/R526S0D.zip

Now if you're using media that's only rated for low speed, there may be
nothing you can do. In my case the media I'm using at the moment is 40x and
the liteon will not write faster than 40x to it (the faster speeds don't
even show up in the Nero settings when the media is inserted into the
drive). This is probably a good thing as it insures a good quality burn. I'm
using slower media because that's what I had around before I bought the new
drive. My older drive is only 24x so the 40x media was more than sufficient.
Once my spindle runs out I'm planning to only by 48x or better certified
media.

Good luck,
Ric

"Bob M" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:09:06 -0400, "Ric" wrote:

Hi,

I recently got a new Liteon 52x24x52x cd-rw drive and it initially worked
flawlessly. I'm currently on a spindle of 40x certified media, and the
drive, while refusing to burn at 48x or 52x, always burned at 40x.

However,
suddenly I find that on the same media, it refuses to burn at anything

above
16x. My other liteon burner, a 24x drive, has no problem burning 24x on

this
media.

I'm not sure what's happened here. I did flash from the 6S0D firmware it
came with to the 6S0F. I'm not sure if the change in burn speed occurred
with the flash or not, but it's currently my best guess. However, after
managing to find a copy of the 6S0D firmware, it refuses to flash my

drive
as it claims to be compatible only with liteon drives containing pre-6S0D
firmware installed.

Is there any way to downgrade my firmware? Is there any other explanation

as
to why it suddenly doesn't like my 40x media?

Thanks,
Ric

My Lite-On 52x24x52x cd-rw drive is acting the same way yours is. Mine is
older, bought in January 2003. The Firmware revision is 6S08. Odd that it

is
not in the letter sequence you mentioned. Since I have not made any

changes to
the firmware, I can't attribute the slowness to that. But for now, I am

using
12X (Maybe 16 would work) for my CD-Rs. Also odd is that it can burn CD

R/W at
24X. I wonder if it could have anything to do with the tropical humidity

we
have been having here in Connecticut?

Remove "not" for return address.